20111225

Turning point.

I'm officially the most undedicated blogger ever but hey, I've been a tad bit busy. So updates on SDC Recognition Day and Far East Movement as promised. SDC Recognition Day was pretty good! It was actually quite grand with all the lightings and everything. All in all, it was a great day. TDC won Best Hallmark Event of the year. I think I mentioned that in my previous post but no harm mentioning it again (:

TDC's committee of 2011
Meet Weng Ming (:
Sze Ting and Daren and our very pretty trophy.
Somewhere after the SDC Recognition Day, I was working to promote Far East Movement cause they were coming to Malaysia. I was pretty much acting like an insane person cause I had to scream in public. Basically, we were pretending we were actual fans. Videos are up on the TuneTalk page so take a look (: Hello, RM300. Goodbye, dignity. However, it was a fun three days with lots of talking and screaming.

The Far East Movement crew consisting of the fans and the fake Far East Movement members.
Nicole :D
... No comment.
Chris, Nicole and yours truly.
So it wasn't the real Far East Movement we were screaming for. They were actually dancers we know who were pretending to be them. There was this one boy who really thought it was Far East Movement and asked us to help him take a picture with them. I feel so bad for the boy but I guess it's part of the plan.

Moving on! There's this Happiness event that Cadbury throws for people. So I joined one of the flashmobs under this event and it was so fairytale like. Not kidding. It was for someone's anniversary. Nothing much really happened on that day except the fact that we had to wait for ages for the event to actually start. Malaysian timing, I guess. So we pretty much sat around in Times Square in funny looking clothes having everyone stare at us like we were in the wrong era. Pictures!

Us girls putting on make up. There was really no where else to do this.
Chun Kay!
Mark, the knight in the skirt.
Told you it was like a fairytale.
Student Council also held a party called Monsterball which had a Halloween theme. Mind you, it was an epic fail but I went anyway. I went as a cat! Meow. I didn't take many pictures that night so here's one. Credits to Hsien Ming (:

Meow.
The day after this Monsterball event, I had another flashmob in Pavilion! Right after the flashmob, I went shopping and started on Christmas presents. Then, I had dinner and Nicole, Chun Kay, Weng Ming and I went for a contemporary performance in Pudu. It was really nice! The four of us have an idea in mind. We'll try it out somewhere next year. Only got home at 1am that night. Not good at all. There was also dinner with the student council in Alexis later on! Tons of fun that night and I got home before midnight so it was all good.

TDC before the flashmob in Pavilion.
The girls of CAL Student Council 2011.
That's probably it! This week, I went for my hospital attachment and I think I learnt quite a lot. The sad thing was we were there following different departments and not shadowing a doctor. I would give anything to shadow a paediatrician. Maybe I'll try my luck and ask anyway. So the hospital attachment was pretty good. Some parts were a tad bit boring, perhaps due to the fact that not many people were free to show us around but all in all, good experience. Of course we were only allowed to observe. Doing it would be a different thing entirely but that's what med school is for right? So far, I have no replies from any universities whatsoever and it's nerve wrecking. I mean it's great that I don't have any rejections but checking my email everyday to see nothing from UCAS makes me even more nervous. These offers would mean the world to me, it's like one step closer to my dream.

Anyway, Ian had a Christmas party for TDC on the 23rd! It was so much fun! The ride there however, was not fun due to the traffic jam so Daphne and I ended up sleeping in the car. Food was great and the environment was pretty much something any TDC member would enjoy. The secret santa part was fun as we had the whole SOML thing going on. Turns out, Daphne was my secret santa and I was Nicole Wei's secret santa. Picture time, again!

The whole crowd for the night (:
Meet Victoria Secret's next model : Nicole :P 
My secret santa!
Isabelle Ng (:
Sze Ting, again.
Nicole Wei (:
Penny! PENNY'S BACK.
Yeah Penny's back for winter break! Gosh I've missed her loads. Feels great to have her back. Oh, college has ended for the year. I have another 2 weeks of holiday before I start my final semester. Results are also out on the first day of Chinese New Year, sadly. I'll hope for the best anyway! For the past few days, I think I've been trying to cope but I don't know if I'm coping yet. Sometimes, I'm okay. Sometimes, I'm not but I'm sure as hell not looking forward to seeing a particular person. How do you face someone after they betrayed your trust? Ah well. I'll cope. I can forgive in time but I know I'll never forget.

That's it for now, guys. It's been a very long 3 days and I'm going to get some rest. Oh, Merry Christmas, darlings! Though mine isn't very joyous at the moment, I hope everyone else is having a great time. I'll blog again soon when I'm not too lazy to blog. Toodles!

Passion; it's all you need to make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment